Thursday, March 31, 2011

More Field Trips

I don't feel like I have been that great at updating as often as I have wanted to.  Part of that is due to being pretty busy.  We have been doing a lot of field trips lately which is nice since we hadn't been able to do too many for the past 3 years.  We are making up for it now I guess.

A couple weeks ago we went to a small flower show near us.  While I am sure it wasn't anything like the one in the city it was still nice and the kids had fun doing a scavenger hunt and enjoying the flowers.  Plus it was free and you can't beat that.  
Our daffodils still have not bloomed yet here :( so we really needed to see some color.
The theme was Gulliver's Travels and you can see Gulliver painted on the wall, held down by all the Lilliputians.  Apparently it was also senior citizen day so we just fit right in.

Today we took another trip out to Kutztown to visit Crystal Cave, the field trip no Pennsylvania elementary school child should miss.
Since my Grandma lives near there, we of course needed to stop in for a visit.
They had fun playing Skip-Bo and Uno together while Asher and I looked through her photo albums at all the old family pictures.
And then they all wanted to give her a little piano recital.  Last time we were there she played all her instruments for us so this time we gave her a concert.

We all went out to lunch and then headed over to Crystal Cave.
Oops, Grandma wasn't looking.  I think I got a better picture on her camera though.
It was a great day to go because nobody was there!  Thankfully we had just missed a huge school trip.
It was very difficult taking pictures in there because using the flash made it too bright and the shutter speed was too slow without it which made the pictures blurry so this is the best we got.   The kids loved it as they are into rocks and stuff like this right now.

We have a lot more planned this coming month so it should be fun!

7 comments:

  1. I've never been to that flower show but it looks great! If I'd known that the theme was Gulliver's Travels, I would have made the effort to get there this year. My kids are huge fans!

    Great pictures, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring me. I think it's time to plan a few field trips.

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was impressed with Grace wearing that flower shirt to the flower shirt...she is so "with it."
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, BOO, what's wrong with you not updating?? Yes, Crystal Cave is cool. So glad you are able to get out and about these days - what a blessing! We are planning on going May 1 to the Daniel Boone thingy you posted about (see how good posting is for others, I never would have known about that otherwise!:)). We should meet up!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K., O.K., I will try to do better.
    So we should see you on May 1st? Yay, fun!

    Mom, is that a typo?? Are you o.k. over there??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops...that was a typo...I meant she was wearing a flower shirt to the flower show! ha, ha
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aiden is going to crystal cave in school this month. he can't wait. he already has quite the rock collection! He started after we went to Lost River Caverns. You should take them to Beys Rock Shop on 100. They have sooo many awesome rocks and crystals to oooo and aaaahhh over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...