Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Surgery update, Easter and Franklin

Well, Christian's surgery ended up going really well.  He came home in the afternoon and was in very little pain.  He didn't need to take any pain medication at all and the next day was out weeding and mulching the flower beds with me all afternoon.  I'm really not that much of a slave driver, it was his choice.  :)  He still isn't walking totally normal yet but he was back to work on Monday which is great!  

Easter was spent at Christian's sister's house with his parents and brother's family. Thankfully the rain held off for the traditional egg hunt.
And I was also happy to get the first family picture of this side of the family since maybe Grace was a baby.  It's been a while so I was glad that mostly everyone cooperated.  :)


We have another busy week of field trips again this week.  Today we went to the Franklin Institute but I was very very bummed not to have my camera with me.  Boo Hoo.  I was very excited though that we were able to go as we had some friends who had a membership and were able to get us in for FREE!  I had wanted to take the kids when I heard they were having a special Leonardo DaVinci exhibit but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money so when this opportunity came up we jumped on it.  

We spent most of the day there and the kids had a blast and learned a ton of stuff.  It wasn't too crowded with school kids which was nice and they were able to do a lot of hands on experiments in the different rooms.  We enjoyed learning about trains, electricity, machines, the heart and body, astronomy and space travel, and on and on.   The DaVinci exhibit was really cool as they had models of a number of his inventions from his sketchbooks, original sketches and pages from his Codex.  They had giant interactive touch screen computers that let you explore his most famous paintings up close.  There was so much to see and we just did not have enough time.  Of course the kids all talked Christian's ear off when we got home telling him all about it.  They are at such a fun age where they really enjoy stuff like this now.  I love it!

Thursday we are off on another trip and I am not going without my camera that time if I can help it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I am the first to comment! I love reading your education experiences. I am so thankful for the computer age- it allows me to keep up on family who are so scattered. This is such a beautiful time- so many flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...