Monday, July 4, 2011

Quiet 4th

We had a family party on Saturday so it was a quiet day around here today.  Hanging out with the kids, grilling chicken, sparklers and a bonfire.  We started a new tradition of reading the Declaration of Independence at the fireside.  Seems like we have this patriotic thing going lately when we have a bonfire.  Last time we were reading George Washinton's rules of civility.  What?  You've never read them?  They are hilarious.  Especially ones such as #16 - "Do not Puff up the Cheeks, Loll not out the tongue rub the Hands, or beard, thrust out the lips, or bite them or keep the Lips too open or too Close."  
We've read them enough now that when we bring the book out we will say things like, "Oh read the one about walking down the street, that one is so funny!"  And we all crack up laughing.

Anyway, I digress.  Back to the 4th.  It was a good day and certain people were so worn out they couldn't stay awake for the very stimulating readings.  Poor child.
And no I did not put the kitten there.  He is quite the snuggler.


Happy Independence Day!


It's been a very busy week but I hope to update soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I recognize the quilt that Asher is sleeping on! I thought you might have some pix from our BIG get together on Saturday. I think I only took a couple, but I have things in my camera from May on and haven't gotten around to posting. Nobody cares. Now if you wouldn't post, we would all wonder what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma, I wish I did have some pictures from Saturday but I camera battery went dead after one picture and the spare that I thought was in the bag wasn't there. I was bummed too because Katie was giving me some great camera tips that I wanted to try out.

    And I care if you blog. I don't always get around to commenting but it is nice to read and see what you are doing. Plus I get to say that my grandma is so cool that she has a blog and people's jaws just drop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day you had!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...