Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Memories

It's obviously the height of summer because I just have not had time to post.  We have been quite busy and the summer is just flying by.  I was reading recently in a fascinating book about memory that one way to slow time down is to make a more conscious effort to preserve your memories.  Our lives are collections of memories and the reason why life during childhood seems so much longer than life as an adult is that childhood is filled with memories.  The memories are more lasting in childhood because so many experiences are new and thus more memorable.   How do I duplicate this as an adult?  Slow down, spend time processing your day, journal or even blogging!  So even though I think I may not have time to blog I really need to in order to do this.  I know that personally I remember more details since I started blogging.

Lots has been going on so in order not to cram one post full of everything I will space it out over the next couple weeks.

Last Saturday we all wanted Christian to see the Brandywine River Arts Museum so we took another trek down to Chadd's Ford.  It is such a lovely place and even if you don't visit the museum there are plenty of walking trails along the river to enjoy.

Of course if you drove all the way there you really shouldn't miss the art in the museum.  Christian loved it and said it was much more interesting than the Philly Art Museum in his opinion.  Less overwhelming as well.  I wish I could show more pictures of the inside but sadly I'm not allowed.

Since we were down in that neck of the woods we decided to stop over at Tyler Arboretum to see their butterfly house and the treehouses they had set up.  There were new ones since we had been there 3 years ago so the kids enjoyed checking them out.  And of course the butterfly house was a big hit.


And since I have absolutely no pictures of my preggo belly, there you go.  12 more weeks to go!

So far this pregnancy has been going very well.  I have been exercising 5 days a week so have been feeling great and haven't had any back pain which I normally do.  Prenatal Pilates has been helping that I believe.  I am starting to feel that 3rd trimester fatigue though and those 75 pounds of peaches we picked that are sitting in bags in my kitchen waiting to be made into jam and diced and frozen are looking might overwhelming right now.  Wish me luck.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, maybe I need to reconsider my lack of blogging. :) I do agree about remembering more details when I blog/journal about them!
    Where did you go to pick peaches??
    Looking forward to seeing you and the kids more regularly come September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Shady Brook farm in Yardley. It is an hour away but the trees were loaded and we picked that many in 10 minutes. I also had called around and they were the cheapest I found at .99 cents a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandywine Museum and Tyler Arboretum!! Well...talk about childhood memories, my memory is filled with times at these two places. I grew up in that neck of the woods. We were always members at Tyler with my dad doing regular bird walks there. You'll have to visit Brandywine during the train exhibit in the winter, also. I agree with Christian and think the Wyeth art exhibit is fantastic! Much more interesting than Philly. When I visited N.C. last year, this guy told me he always wanted to visit the Brandywine Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up about the train exhibit during Christmas time. I just looked it up and it looks great. Hopefully we can make it down for that. We need to get our money's worth out of our membership anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have peaches are you making jam? If you do, you won't need any from me! I enjoy your blogs. I mostly do FB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say that I blame you for putting the peaches off. They really look nice, however. The peaches we get out here are only what are offered in the grocery stores. And more often then not, they have no taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been too busy for reading blogs the last several weeks. Somehow the fact of your pregnancy has escaped me. Congratulations! You look absolutely wonderful, and so happy! Thanks for sharing your pictures. You are an amazing photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those peaches are beautiful! Just got back from Texas and the Fredericksburg peaches were also beautiful this year. Only got 1/2 bushel, made 37 jars of jam and cut some up for the freezer to make pies and other peach desserts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...