Sunday, November 6, 2011

Waiting

I'm sorry but lack of posting does not mean the baby has arrived.  I must say that I am not surprised that I am "still here".  I find that to be a funny phrase by the way.  What is the phrase "you're still here?" supposed to mean?  I am still with child?  Yes.  I am still on planet earth?  Um, yes as well.  I guess with planning on having a home birth it sounds extra strange.  I am not going anywhere.

So here I am late as usual which thankfully hasn't bothered me as much as it has in times past.  God is in control and the baby will come when it is good and ready and there is no sense worrying about it.  In the meantime everything is ready.  The clothes and sheets are cleaned.  The bread has been baked, oodles of carrot pulp muffins baked (with pulp from Christian's daily carrot juice) the garden has been cleaned up and seeded with a cover crop of alfalfa (hoping it wasn't too late), the wood has been chopped and stacked, the sauerkraut has been made, we are well stocked with food, milk and eggs and all the floors and bathrooms are clean.  You know, all the important things.




So we are ready for the baby's arrival, we are just waiting for the baby to be ready for us.  :)

7 comments:

  1. And Grammy's ready too. Can't wait to meet him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I check every day- several times a day!!! Is that flax seeds that I see in your sauerkraut??? I made it last year, so it should be ready now :) So excited for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are caraway seeds. I make the naturally fermented kind so it only takes a few days to be ready although it does improve with age. Christian is addicted to eating it on his eggs in the morning. It's really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are prepared. Eggs & sauerkraut-now that is different. But then I have to have salsa with mine. Will check again on the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am saying a prayer right now that everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy, I had a crazy dream last night that you had the baby. Are you still here? Haha. no but seriously, I did dream about you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wondering if your newest addition had arrived yet since I hadn't heard anything via SHINE. Then I remembered your blog and decided to check it out. Sorry to hear you are still waiting, but you sound like you're handling it all quite well! Do let us all know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...