Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Desultoriness

There has been so much going on lately that I need to combine everything in one post since I am not one of those people that has time to post everyday.  The day after we went to the Landis Valley Museum I took the kids to the Allentown Symphony to hear Gustav Holst's The Planets accompanied by a spectacular video and introduction to each planet by an astronomer.  It isn't too often that you can check off science and fine arts at the same time!

This past weekend Christian and the kids performed in our church's children's musical.   We enjoyed doing this with the kids last year but this year there was only one adult role.  That worked out though since I don't know if I could have done it with the baby.  Aiden had the main role as Jonas and Christian was the nutty professor.

I think he does the nutty professor look pretty well.  Don't you think?

We celebrated Aiden's 9th birthday yesterday.  He had a great time spending the night with my parents and visiting Battleship New Jersey.  He has been quite busy playing with his Snap Circuits and Flexeez ever since.


Today we visited our favorite castle Glencairn for a special home school day.  We really enjoyed watching the glassblower demonstrating his fascinating art.





Grace has been trying her eye at photography.

Nice shot Grace!

The first person who knows why I titled my post as I did, WITHOUT GOOGLING IT, wins a copy of my favorite book.  You know you want it.  It's a classic.   If you already have that book, which there is a good chance you do, then you can win a copy of my second favorite book instead.  Remember, no cheating!

9 comments:

  1. i know, i know, i know.... it means when u write or type something - and u dont use proper grammar or spelling...and (i know how much u hate that)lol,lol. and if i win the book i want the C. under-pants one, since it has more pictures than the other one. and I don't really like to argue so the other book sounds too confrontational for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what it means, but my guess is something along the lines of miscellaneous or random since your post included many topics.
    Sarah

    P.S. The glass-blowing was amazing today and we loved our time at Glencairn!
    P.P.S. Christian pulls off the Nutty Professor look REALLY well ... he is obviously a natural at being a nutty professor, imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, funny, Christian!

    "the state of passing aimlessly from one subject or thing to another"?? oh come on, you didn't say we couldn't use our dictionaries! besides, my poor deprived MK kid would LOVE YOU if you sent him the Captain Underpants one... (don't you feel sorry for us?!?)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, you know how to use a dictionary! Christian couldn't even find ours in our house. :) Does UPS deliver to Argentina?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your husband missed his calling. He is sooo funny!! Happy Birthday Aiden!! Stunning pictures of glass blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christy,
    I think I'll have to check out your #1 favorite book - it looks intriguing! Glad to see y'all are doing well.
    Love,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been without a computer for awhile now and Christian's Nutty Professor picture was one of the first things I stumbled across upon my return to Blogland. I literally laughed out loud. (Oh, yes I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Nick wants to know if The Professor does birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! He should! That would be a great side business for him. I'll put a bug in his ear. (not literally of course). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...