Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nature




Christian has been doing some work down at Tyler Arboretum, which he loves, and took the camera down to take a few shots in the woods.  Picasa recently updated the program's editing options and I had some fun tinkering around with these.

Meanwhile, I am happy to report that our love of nature has rubbed off on our progeny.  We got this book for Aiden's birthday and he and Naomi have been busily scouring the yard for the proper leaves, twigs, seeds etc to complete the projects.


Mouse
Turtle

Science and Art.  I love it when the subjects are combined.  
Future Andy Goldsworthy perhaps?

8 comments:

  1. ahh, your pictures are so beautiful! Love the new header! those leaf animals are too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOO the Dogwood is so beautiful. I soooo miss seeing it in the spring. And love the leaf animals, too. Good Job, Children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of flower is that in your header? Someone told me the other day there were no blue flowers. Purple, yes, but not blue. I had a hard time believing that. And now I would say the flower in your picture is blue. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a Plumbago. Aunt Becky recognize it because they are native to So. California (where the picture was taken). Whoever told you there were no blue flowers doesn't know their flowers! A quick google search would debunk that. Hydrangea, myosotis, forget-me-nots, etc, etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant Aunt Becky "might" recognize it. (Typing one handed again) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks...I agree with you and it didn't sound right when she said it, but at the time my mind went blank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how that happens (mind going blank) when someone speaks authoritatively on a given subject. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, but more blue flowers - what about the blue bonnets in Texas - beautiful this spring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...