Friday, August 17, 2012

Dirt Works or Using Bentonie Clay for Stomach Bugs

I need to let you in on a little secret.  We take clay as medicine.  I know what you are thinking.  Wacko!  My brother-in-laws love to make fun of me for this at family gatherings.  "Hey Christy!, eat any good dirt lately?"  It's not dirt, ok?  I don't know what it is, but people just love to try to get under my skin.  Ha ha.

So back to my highly scientific post........
One product we have used is fossilized diatoms, another is silica clay from ancient volcanic eruptions, and the last is a montmorillonite clay.  So there, you may now call them by their official names and stop demeaning it by calling it dirt.

In this case, three nights ago, Bentonite saved the day.
A couple hours after dinner Naomi started complaining that her stomach hurt.  I told her to lay down, assuming it was gas and it would go away.  Unfortunately it did not and it kept getting worse and worse.  I rubbed essential oil of fennel and peppermint on her belly and had her take a drop of each internally, still assuming it was a bad case of gas.  These two combined always work quickly, but in this case they did not and she continued to writhe around on the couch crying.  Hmmmmm.......what to do?  

I remembered that our neighbors had just had a really bad case of the stomach bug and since we had been over there a lot this last week I figured that is what it must be so I went to get our liquid bentonite clay out of the medicine cabinet.  I gave her one teaspoon and had her wash it down with a glass of water and gave all the other kids the same dose for good measure, while Christian and I took a tablespoon.

Within 1/2 hour she was asleep on the couch, slept all night with no issues and woke up perfectly fine.  No one else contracted the bug.  Of course this is purely anecdotal, but I am not the only one who has had such success with this product.  Bentonite has an amazing ability to bind with toxin, bacteria and impurities and pull them out of your body.  It has been used externally in baths and facial masks and internally for parasites, stomach bugs and for detoxing heavy metals.  I like the powdered form for external use and the liquid form (use code RIS026 for $5 off) for internal use since the powder take a little while to completely dissolve in water and can be clumpy and hard to get down.

It's cheap, it lasts a long time, it works quickly, and is a great thing to have on hand next time a stomach bug is going around your school, workplace or homeschool co-op.  
And just think; now you too can be the brunt of jokes at family gatherings!

6 comments:

  1. You go girl! :) I just ordered some powdered bentonite clay and made some toothpaste. I am eager to see how it works! Also, after eating some avocado yesterday that gave me horrible stomach cramps (happens randomly, grr) I took some clay in water and started feeling better within less then a half hour. I am ok with eating dirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have it. We have used the powder combined with oils to cure many skin or cut infections with much success. It has also worked to help collin who swells tremenodously with bug bites, slap a little clay poultice on there and in the morning its all normal again! heading over to buy some now. I will try anything that may thwart a stomach bug. ginger helps, but doesn't stop it, ( in my experience). Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you share your wisdom! I have taken the clay in tablet form but I think it will be much more useful as a powder. Have you made the toothpaste? I'm also eager to see how it works. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not made the toothpaste Amiee. I don't know if I could handle that. :) I didn't know they made the clay in tablet form. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good stuff. My daughter has a random stomach bug that has popped up three weeks in a row and only with her. I'm going to give her some clay tonight. I'm currently doing the master cleanse and plan to have a tablespoon of the clay per day, I could use it as the liquid and mix with my activated charcoal as a toothpaste. During the cleanse I'm trying to avoid internalizing toxins where possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good stuff. My daughter has a random stomach bug that has popped up three weeks in a row and only with her. I'm going to give her some clay tonight. I'm currently doing the master cleanse and plan to have a tablespoon of the clay per day, I could use it as the liquid and mix with my activated charcoal as a toothpaste. During the cleanse I'm trying to avoid internalizing toxins where possible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...