I was never completely happy with how it looked in there before, which is why I am not showing before pictures. :)
So while we were at it I figured it was about time that we moved the kids rooms around. I had been totally dreading it because the boys needed to move into the girls room, Claire needed to move into the boys room and the girls needed to move into the guest room. Every room needed serious help and a new coat of paint, and I really did not feel like starting. It was a lot of work and took two good weeks to get it done, but we finally finished (mostly) and we are so happy with the results.
easiest floor to lay ever. Thankfully the color was still good in here for Claire so I brought in the rocking chair, a sheepskin rug (from another room) and an end table for reading material for me. I got these super cute vinyl wall decals, and her room was complete! It is so much more convenient having her in there than in with the girls for now.
Next the girls' room needed to be transformed to to a boys' room. Poor Asher had still be sleeping in a toddler bed, so it was about time he moved into a big boy's bed. We painted the room Devonshire Gray, the trim got touched up with a new coat of white and we got these fun canopies from Ikea for over their beds. Thankfully they were super cheap and matched the duvet covers that we already had. I then put up these vintage airplane wall decals and we added some better lighting. Being that we live in a really old house, the lighting situation is pretty poor and not every room has overhead lighting. The boys are really excited about their new room and it is nice for them to have more space.
We are still working on the girls room so I will wait to post those pictures. We thought we were done in there, but we came up with some fun ideas to make their new room special, and it may take a couple more weeks to finish up, but hopefully soon.
Besides that, the upstairs hallway got a new coat of paint, which really brightened it up up there. The upstairs had been in such desperate need of help for a long time with random pipes sticking out of walls, old wiring needing to be taken out, random holes in the walls and caulking that needed to be done. It feels so nice to have it be a lot more presentable up there. Of course in an old house it's never "done" but it's a lot better than it was!