Thursday, December 13, 2012

The happenings

Bird watching from the kitchen window.



I'm trying to teach myself how to scissor cut the boys' hair instead of clipper cutting it.  It's going ok.  I'm not giving up yet! 

Seeing a local performance of The Nutcracker with the Lindsay cousins.  The boys decided that men in tights was not for them.  Come to think of it, it really isn't for me either. {gag}

The annual trip to my parents' church to walk through the Living Nativity, 13 scenes depicting the whole gospel story.  Have you seen it yet?  You should!  It's free, not to far away and a great reminder of the real meaning of Christmas.
The prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah

The town of Bethlehem

The shepherds looking for the baby Jesus


The wise men talking with king Herod.

The wise men worshiping toddler Jesus.

Jesus calming the storm.

Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.

An angel flying through the air at the resurrection scene (ignore the totally bad lighting an picture)


The ascension scene.


Christian took the kids to see our favorite Celtic/folk singer Charlie Zahm last weekend at a local church for a Christmas concert.  While I love any opportunity to hear Charlie's rich baritone voice, the concert started at Claire's bedtime and I figured I wouldn't hear much of it anyway if I did go.  So hopefully I can make it next year.  Have you heard of him?  He's local, so you should be able to catch him somewhere else soon.

I have also been spending a lot of time working on a new blog for the puppies.  I spent an enormous amount of time last litter on corresponding with potential buyers, and I am hoping that having a blog will cut back on a lot of that.  Lily is visiting her friend Willie this week so I wanted to get this up and going. Check it out and let me know what you think.


Yes Claire, this is exactly how I feel most nights...



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. A puppy blog is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christy,
    It was good to look at your latest posts and "catch up" with y'all! We hope you're all having a good Christmas season so far. The room re-do's look really good. Mike has just started scissor cutting ben's hair too. He's did a really good job by watching what the people at the hair-cutting place do and copying that. I don't think I'd do so good... Anyways, y'all have a good weekend!
    Love,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puppy blog looks great! Willie is 4lbs but other than that everything looks perfect. it's a great idea. I should do something like that, if only I took better pictures :P They are having much fun together this week but I'm sure she will be very happy to come home again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...