Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ordinary Days

When you haven't blogged in two months you find it hard to get started again, thinking that you need to wait for something exciting to happen to make it worth your while.  But these days are ordinary days filled with the usual sameness that also brings much comfort with them.  And I am afraid that if I don't capture those ordinary days in some small way they will rush past in a hazy blur.  So blurry pictures and all, here we go.

I'm thankful for:
A pear harvest from our own pear tree; 

fall garden clean up and transplanting;
 a garden that was light on the tomatoes but heavy on the flowers, providing us with myriad vases of zinnias and marigolds;
 funny feather footed roosters as soft as a cloud to pick up and hold;
 curious and friendly goats, always happy to see you;
 outside play that could last all day if possible;
 graduating from the baby swing to the "big girl" swing;
 and school books read in comfort in the morning sunshine.
 Also for Jane Eyre in the mornings, Haydn in the afternoon, singing the "muffin man" for the 267th time with Claire, listening to Grace practice the violin and Aiden the horn, Naomi reading Tumble Bumble to Claire, all the kids helping stack wood for the winter and Christian helping me make applesauce late at night.

I hope to be back here more regularly...


7 comments:

  1. how nice to see an update! glad you are getting some "simple days". We didn't get that many tomatoes this year either, funny since it was a good year for everything else :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know that I am not the only one with tomato issues. I thought they would have done better with all the rain we had. :(

      Delete
  2. so good to see you back! I missed your updates!!!! :) It's always a blessing to see your little family growing and to see what you are doing throughout your days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I forget who reads here so it is nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. You take the best pictures!! Fun to see what you guys have been up to - it looks like such a peaceful, happy place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only looks peaceful because pictures don't have sound. :) Don't worry, there is still your average amount of bickering and whining here. :)

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back. I was worried about you. But I know you are a very busy lady with all the things you have to do. So I understand you taking some time off. But I missed you and your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...